Things I go when I don't have anything better to do: take stats of my works hosted on the AO3.
The way I do it is list the Top 10 across hits, kudos, bookmarks and comment threads; score each work by how high it placed; then adjust the score to how many Top 10s each work got on.
My current Top 10, first to last, are:
1. The Woods.
2017, Shadowhunters, Alec/Magnus. Alec accepts Magnus’s first-stated price for defending Izzy. Consequences follow.
2. Take Seven.
2010, Criminal Minds, gen. Character-driven drabble-based short fiction, if such a thing exist. And yes, you will need that insulin.
2012-2013, co-authored, NCIA LA + Power Rangers Ninja Storm, gen. Because getting a new agent is not annoying enough, she turns out to be a supernatural ninja.
4. A Goat for Azazel.
2012, co-authored, NCIS, gen. Goes AU after Aliyah
. When Tony disappears two days before the Saleem op is a go, the team scrambles to find him - and to understand what an associate of La Grenouille and Israeli domestic intelligence have to do with it.
5. Friends Like These.
2012, co-authored, MCU + NCIS LA + Power Rangers (too many to count), gen w/background relationships. Why Jarvis is not allowed to make friends on the internet: In which the Power Rangers show up to help in the Battle of Manhattan.
6. The fate you carved on me.
2014, for exchange (pinch hit), Power Rangers Samurai + Ninja Storm, gen. "And I thought my team was bad. I thought Casey
was bad. But then there is you guys. And, of course, you just had to be Samurai. You realize I am never going to hear the end of it.”
7. Five Times Alex Kissed Nikita.
2011, for exchange (pinch hit), Nikita (CW), Alex/Nikita. Five times Alex kissed Nikita (or tried to), pre-series.
8. The Sameen Shaw Handbook.
2014, co-authored, Person of Interest, meta. A collection of Sameen Shaw essays, inc.: exhaustive timeline; 101 intro to the US Marines, Intel and the world of Covert Ops; and an exploration of dissocial personality.
9. What Olivia Did and Didn't Do on Her Summer Vacation.
2014, for exchange (pinch hit), Leverage, gen. They're either the best or the worst babysitting service on the planet. So long as Olivia's in one piece and swearing she wasn't made to do anything illegal, Jim chooses to believe the former.
10. All the Time In the World.
2011, remix, Criminal Minds, gen. Emily is dead, but that doesn't mean she's gone.
Things I'm particularly happy about:
* Oh my god T7 is no longer the unquestioned leader! That series has been sitting top of my stats at a huge margin from everything else - that has only been growing - since it was published. It's not that I don't love it, it's not that I'm not proud of having written a fandom classic, but oh my god seriously.
* There is a non-crossover PR work on here! Look, excepting the latest movie, PR is a small fandom, okay? A small fandom that's hard-pressed to generate the sort of traffic that can give a fair fight to the mostly-larger other fandoms I create in.
* One of my meta works made the Top 10! And the Handbook is particularly awesome; it's really nice to see how popular it is.
Otherwise, I'm terribly amused that all the exchange pieces that made it to the Top 10 are from my pinch hits. It's very consistent
, which is what makes it funny.